Live to Click!

Celebrating life, one picture at a time!

Day 76 – Self Portrait

Posted on | March 17, 2010 | 12 Comments |

self

We are supposed to take a self portrait once a month for project 365. Got a haircut today, and I was In green ready to go out for St.Patrick’s Day. Seems like the perfect day for a self portrait.

Category: Self

Comments

12 Responses to “Day 76 – Self Portrait”

1. nandita
    March 17th, 2010 @ 10:55 pm

‘we are supposed to…’?? how come i missed that?
    Looking lovely, this is a nice shade of green and your ear rings are unusual as usual :)

2. sig
    March 17th, 2010 @ 10:58 pm
    March 18th, 2010 @ 2:22 am

Sig, you look very different here, very solemn, so your face also looks different. It’s a nice pic. I had a haircut the day after I posted my self-portrait of the month on you-know-where!

March 18th, 2010 @ 5:53 am

Very cute Sig! I think I too missed the tip on self-portraits. Will post one of mine, I too got a hair cut this weekend :)

5. Roops
    March 18th, 2010 @ 9:15 am

Lovely click! And my attention to detail is – which lens are those? :)

6. Srivalli
    March 18th, 2010 @ 10:24 am

Sig thats a lovely picture..who took it?..are you supposed to take the self portrait yourself or somebody can do the honours..:))

7. sig
    March 18th, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

@Sra, I finally figured out that I look different because it is a mirror image. When I flipped it, I looked so different from this picture. Apparently my mirror image is better, which is sad, because everyone seems me just the opposite. :(
    And Yeah, I remember the cartoonized version of your haircut picture. :)

@Mamatha, thanks :) Looking forward to your self portrait with the new do.

@Roops :) It’s my 18-200 Nikkor lens, my favorite everyday one size fit all…

@Valli LOL, a self portrait by definition is a portrait you take of yourself. So yeah, it has to be taken by me. :) And if you looked closer, you can see this is a picture of my reflection in the mirror.

8. Roops
    March 19th, 2010 @ 8:50 am

Hmm..lens looked wider to me, so was curious :) ! Also the flash is up and yet no light spill I see, I definately need to take tips from you :) ! Again its one of the best self clicks I have seen around.

9. sig
    March 19th, 2010 @ 8:54 am

:) I had the flash up for effect, camera looks better with it, no? But I took it in the auto no-flash setting, then adjusted the white balance using lightroom to remove the yellow from the bathroom lights.

10. Bushra
    March 19th, 2010 @ 3:45 pm

What a unique way to take a self portrait. I couldn’t stop myself from admiring the idea of taking one of yourself so commendably and it came out so beautifully (esp the one eye look) that it doesn’t look like self-pictured.

11. Jaya Wagle
    March 19th, 2010 @ 9:20 pm

The photo and the subject both are lovely. :)

12. Paxuist
    February 9th, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

I can’t belveie I’m doing this as I feel so uncomfortable in front of the camera…but I need to get out of my comfort zone! Thanks for giving me the push I needed Alex – I hope I can make the 30 days! I’ve incorporated it into my own “Day by Day” project….xx