• Monthly Mingle Announcement – Grill It!

Posted on | July 19, 2008 | 55 Comments |

MM-Grill-It-August-2008

It is that time of the year! Well, at least in this hemisphere that is! Before we know it, summer will be gone… Let’s celebrate the last few weeks of sunshine with some serious cooking fun! Who wants to slog inside the house when it is that nice outside? You want to keep that house cool, right? So, forget the stove, get out and fire up that grill and get grilling! Bring some of those goodies over here for the party of the year, our gorgeous hostess Meeta has assigned me the responsibility to host her glamorous Monthly Mingle for this month and I am thinking, let’s Grill It! Thank you dear Meeta for this opportunity!

Don’t have a grill or you live in a place where it is not the outdoor grilling season? Don’t worry; you can use an indoor grill or a grill pan on the stove or even the oven… I am looking for those recipes which are versatile enough to be cooked on the grill and adapted for indoor cooking in the colder months.

You think you can only use the grill for meat? Think again! Grilling vegetables elevates their taste to a whole different level! And grilled fruits? What better dessert can you think of after a huge meal than a simple grilled pineapple with a side of coconut ice cream or grilled peaches with some honey or grilled pear and walnuts with goat cheese? Oh there are so many non-meat grilling ideas, you can’t use the “I don’t eat meat” excuse for this one.

Think marinades, sauces, burgers, Kebabs, Pizza, Corn, Grilled fish – anything goes! Check out this page for a bunch of grilling  ideas: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/et_sl_grilling/0,1972,FOOD_9872,00.html

Monthly Mingle – Grill It! RulesMM-Grill-It-August-2008

1. Post a dish cooked on the grill (or can be adapted for the grill) in your blog by the deadline 15th August 2008
    2. Link your post to this announcement and the main Monthly Mingle page to encourage more readers to join in the fun.
    3. You can send in as many entries as you like!
    4. Older entries on blogs can be accepted only if they are republished with a link-back to this announcement.
    5. Feel free to use the logo above.
    6. Use the entry form below to send your entries in.
    7. If you have any questions, send me an e-mail to MailLiveToEat(at)gmail.com

Monthly Mingle – Grill It! Entry Form

If you want me to include an image in the round up, please enter the link to the image in the form below. To get the link to the image, follow the steps below:

–If using Internet Explorer, right click on the image and select Properties. The link is shown in Address (URL) field, you can use your mouse to select and copy this URL and paste it in the field below.

–If using Firefox, right click on the image and select Copy Image Location. Now you should be able to paste this using Ctrl + V in the field below.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Logo Image © Bernard BAILLY – Fotolia.com

Category: Blog Events

Monthly Mingle – Grill It! Event Round-up

Monthly Mingle - Grill It! Event Round-up

August 17th, 2008

I am proud to present a colorful array of grilled goodies cooked up by food bloggers from all around[...]

Monthly Mingle Announcement – Grill It!

Monthly Mingle Announcement - Grill It!

July 19th, 2008

It is that time of the year! Well, at least in this hemisphere that is! Before we know it, summer w[...]

JFI Tamarind Round-up

JFI Tamarind Round-up

July 7th, 2008

The talent and enthusiasm of my fellow food bloggers never cease to amaze me! I asked you all to c[...]

Announcing JFI July- Jihva for Tamarind

Announcing JFI July- Jihva for Tamarind

June 2nd, 2008

Jihva for Ingredients aka JFI as it is known among the food bloggers is one of the most popular food[...]

MBP – Mixed Drinks Round up

MBP - Mixed Drinks Round up

March 31st, 2008

My heartfelt thanks to all those who went patrolling the other blogs for drink recipes this month. W[...]

Comments

55 Responses to “Monthly Mingle Announcement – Grill It!”

July 20th, 2008 @ 1:59 am

Not sure whether I can participate in this but was going through your older posts that I missed and wanted to tell you you were looking good in those photos. :( Yes):

Sra, you are on a healthy eating routine, what is healthier than grilled food? :) And thanks for the compliment :)

2. Jyothsna
      July 20th, 2008 @ 4:05 am

Sig, It’s so hot here that I can stand out and get grilled!! In these parts, grilling is done in winter :)

:) That is why I have the escape clause, to grill inside… :) Come on, you can send me an entry Jyo….

3. nags
      July 20th, 2008 @ 5:31 am

oh no :( i dont have a grill or even an oven. will get one only by september :(

let me see what i can do in the microwave grill (i have to clean it first!)

M/w grill will do just fine! :) And this gives you an excuse to clean it too…

4. JZ @ Tasty treats
      July 20th, 2008 @ 7:10 am

awesome theme Sig!!! I was about to post a new grilled food post anyways!! Now I will reserve it for later!! Cant wait to see the marvelous grilled masterpieces of others! :-)

Thanks JZ! Why reserve it for later, you can post it now and send it to me… :) I will watch out for it!

5. Trupti
      July 20th, 2008 @ 11:09 am

nice theme..i have 1-2 dishes related to this. :smile:

Thanks Trupti! I already got one, thank you , looking forward to the next one :)

6. kalva
      July 20th, 2008 @ 12:17 pm

Oh very nice event.. cannot wait to chip in!!!

And I can’t wait to see what you come up with Kalva! :)

July 20th, 2008 @ 12:28 pm

I have to think now… I hardly grill anything :-) except potato wedges :-) But think I will

Potato wedges will do just fine …. :)

8. Cham
      July 20th, 2008 @ 12:36 pm

Right theme for summer, i will chip in! :smile:

Thanks Cham! Looking forward to the entry…

9. Padmaja
      July 21st, 2008 @ 5:04 am

Wonderful theme.. :smile: Sig, I already have a couple of amazing dishes and few more on their way as we have 2 BBQ get together…

oh wow, I remember your last year’s bbq posts, I am sure the dishes this year will be even more amazing! :)

10. Aparna
      July 21st, 2008 @ 5:51 am

Maybe I should use this MM as the excuse to use the grill part of my oven!

I think you should too Aparna… :)

July 21st, 2008 @ 9:35 am

nooooooo, please don’t say summer will end soon :sad:
      lovely theme for the mm!

I don’t want to say it, but we know it will… :) Let’s enjoy it now….. and do some grilling outside, what say you? :)

July 21st, 2008 @ 10:51 am

Time to party Sig! Get the booze pitcher out and let’s sip on a few cocktails, checking out what the good folks bring on over to the mingle. Looking forward to this one!

Oh yeah, we gotta have the booze… it is going to be a fun party…. :)

13. Rajtha
      July 21st, 2008 @ 12:25 pm

yaay!! counting days when this summer will be a buh-bye!!….and will come up with something..
      as-usual :D

You are a weirdo… Have I said that enough? :) :) Actually, I know what you are saying, some days when it is really really hot, I too long for the cold, but I know I will miss summer as soon as it is over :(

July 21st, 2008 @ 1:12 pm

Only yday my husband was saying that we should try grilling some bananas… I hope to try that (or someother fruit) and send to you… :)

Grilled bananas are just so awesome, or for any fruit for that matter….. Hope you guys try some and send it to me… :)

15. Mansi
      July 22nd, 2008 @ 1:37 pm

Thanks for choosing a great theme Sig! count me in:)

16. Kalai
      July 22nd, 2008 @ 11:02 pm

Awesome idea, Sig!! Love grilled anything. :) :( Martini):

17. Namratha
      July 23rd, 2008 @ 12:01 pm

Perfect theme Sig, I hope to goodness I can come up with something!! :roll:

18. Rajani
      July 24th, 2008 @ 8:25 am

Great theme! I have just posted my entry!

19. Pragyan
      August 4th, 2008 @ 8:36 am

Hi Sig – Lovely event! I wish I had taken the pics when we hosted a big bbq party a few weekends back :) No problem, always ready to grill again! Will try to send you the bbq spread that we do usually – meat, veggies and fruits!

20. Sunshinemom
      August 6th, 2008 @ 5:40 am

Just sent it mine. Hope its there…got missed in last month’s event:)

21. Aparna
      August 11th, 2008 @ 1:39 pm

Just sent you my entry. I finally used the grill! :smile:

August 12th, 2008 @ 8:29 am

finally figured out what to send… but the picture is horrible… what to do?

23. DK
      August 15th, 2008 @ 4:47 pm

Hope u got my entry :)

24. Buy Stock Photos
      April 25th, 2009 @ 12:56 am

I strongly recommend that you turn the No Follow off in your comment section.

I’ll watch Google Webmaster Tools, and if the links don’t show up after a couple of weeks — I won’t go back to that blog again.

Another suggestion: you should have a Top Commentator widget installed.

Do Follow and Top Commentator will ensure that you have a successful blog with lots of readers!

25. purplesolo
      August 15th, 2011 @ 5:43 am

Monster Beats pro headphone Hi admin,This’s wonderful post. found your website on google.com. Not generally the type of site ? read but im definately glad–came across it. Thank a great deal you blog is have a benefit for me really a lot. And I adore your blog for those who have a new blog plzzz tell me. Thank you extremely a lot.