Posted on | May 3, 2008 | 37 Comments |
It took us about three weekends of R&R to get back into schedule after the India vacation. We were just cruising through the daily grind, not cooking much or even going out much, mainly doing take-outs and quick fix meals. Siv getting sick in the middle really delayed the transition process. But finally we are back into action, went out both Thursday and Friday night, for happy hour and gourmet food which I’ve been missing so badly!
I had major plans for the weekend, first agenda item was to go to the farmer’s market on Saturday morning, but Seattle is extremely gloomy today. I woke up and looked out the window, and wanted to just crawl back under my blanket. A cruise ship docked at the pier is the only thing that reminds us that it is supposed to be spring now! I feel bad for all the tourists who booked the cruise months in advance, now packing up heavy coats instead of shorts.
Look how sad it looks today?
And see what it is supposed to look like at this time of the year. (from April 2007)
Can you blame me for not going out?
Anyway, now that I have nothing else to do, I thought of doing a me-me. I was tagged by Indian Girl who has an entire blog devoted to make up! She shares some great tips. I am glad she tagged me since that is how I discovered her blog. The tag is to write 6 quirky facts about me. I have done something similar before, but its been a while since I have let you all into the scary wonderland aka my weird mind.
When I got tagged, I asked the person who knows all my quirks the best to help me with it. He didn’t waste any time coming with some in one breath. Seeing the shock in my face, he quickly added some nice stuff too, but unfortunately the tag is about quirky facts, so I can’t use the nice stuff here…
6 Quirky Facts about Me
- I am super messy. I don’t like too much organization, I can never find anything if everything is where it is supposed to be. My work desk always looks like a war zone. I always know where things are, till I start filing stuff away. Once something is filed away, there is no way I will ever find it again. So messy works for me. Not so much for Siv, so he cleans up after me all the time.
- I am messy, but I am super clean. I wash my hands with soap many times a day. I hate hate hate public bathrooms, and if I was brave enough I would shout at every woman who won’t wash their hands after using the loo and leave their germs on the door handle. I hate the waiting rooms at the doctor’s office, and the thought of touching the magazines there gives me the chills. If I am every in a place like that I have to take a shower as soon as I get home.
- I am big procrastinator, I don’t do anything till it absolutely has to get done. We are both the same here, in fact, I think I am a little better. We talk about doing the taxes starting some time in January, and I end up doing it at 11:45 PM on April 15th. We have a coffee maker that can be programmed, but I can count the days we actually programmed it for the morning. Every morning whoever wakes up first (mostly me), wash the jar, the grinder and the filter and start the coffee. We can’t function without the morning coffee, but we are too lazy to the do the work in the night when it will be much easier.
- I am really really bad at small talk. I simply don’t get the point of making fruitless conversations with people I may never see again in my life. People think I am rude, but I just don’t have the skills. Even if I try, I know it will sound fake, so I simply don’t try.
- Siv says “I feel like puking” is my most used phrase. Talking to some people makes me want to throw up, it is not the content, but something in their voice does this to me. Siv never used to believe me, till one day after talking to someone for an hour I came back home and actually threw up!
- Now the quirkiest fact about me. This is kind of gross, but I don’t swallow my saliva in the night. This started when I was in sixth standard. A guy who claimed to be a doctor was trying to promote his book about some health stuff, and he was invited to our school to give us a presentation. I don’t remember the context, it was about the bacteria that breed in our mouth. He said if we went to sleep with some rice in our mouth, and fed this rice to a bird when we woke up, the bird would drop dead instantaneously. I was a big germaphobe at that time and I got really scared. I started waking up several times in the night to spit out my saliva and wash my mouth. Then it became a habit, and my body learned not to swallow during the night, even if I don’t wake up. You can imagine how much problems this can cause!
Well, that’s it. There are many more, but I will leave those for a later tag. I am not tagging anyone, since most people I know have done some variation of this. But feel free to take it up if you are in the mood.
More like this
One lucky person wins the CSN Store $100 gift certificate and four gets a copy each of the fabulous [...]