Posted on | February 21, 2008 | 53 Comments |
In my last post I mentioned how over-stuffed my “Recipes-to-Try” folder has gotten over the past year, and most of you seems to be in the same boat. As food bloggers, we all spend a lot of time reading our fellow bloggers’ recipes, and every day we come across so many mouthwatering dishes, it is impossible to try every single one. A blog event that encourages trying a recipe from a fellow blogger, is a small nudge in the rear to go hunting through our bookmarks and other blogs to find that special recipe we have been meaning to try.
Monthly Blog Patrol aka MBP used to be a popular event in the blogosphere, which has been taking a break for a few months now. The idea is to do a monthly patrolling of our favorite blogs and cook something from them based on the theme of the month. MBP is the brainchild of the dynamic blogger Coffee of The Spice Cafe, who has been really busy lately with her work commitments. I know all the bloggers have been missing this event, I for one certainly was. So I am proud to be the guest-host for the March edition of MBP, and the theme for this month is Mixed Drinks…
Image by Christy Thompson – Fotolia.com
A mixed drink is a type of beverage in which two or more different ingredients are mixed together to create a different drink… Well, you know how much I love my cocktails… You can make cocktails, mocktails, punches, smoothies anything your heart desires, only criteria is that the recipe must be from another food blog.
Here are the rules.
- Make a Mixed Drink from the fellow bloggers (the “from” has to be a blogger and not any other cooking site!!) posted recipes .
- Post a picture of the final recipe on your blog linking it to the blogger (whose recipe you made) . You can either post the recipe, or just the picture, it is up to you. If you made any variations to the original recipe, you might want to highlight that. One final picture and a link to the original recipe is a must.
- Please add a link back to this event announcement and/or the logo below, and to Coffee’s MBP page.
- Email the following details to mailLivetoEat@gmail.com with MBP – Mixed Drinks in the subject line.
- Your name
- Your blog name
- Name of the drink
- Permalink to your post
- Permalink to the original recipe
- A photograph of the final dish 400px wide, any height is fine.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that you can contribute.
- The deadline for this event is March 24th
- Try to find a drink recipe from another blog, and spread the link love around. I know I have a bunch of drinks here, but taking a recipe from here defeats the purpose of the Blog Patrolling fun.
So friends, time to start patrolling… Thank you Coffee for this opportunity.