• LycheeTangita – A Lychee Tangerine Cocktail

Posted on | August 26, 2007 | 32 Comments |

Making up a cocktail recipe is easy; coming up with a name for it – not so! After a couple of these drinks, the best I could come up with was LycheeTangita, if you can think of a better name, let me know.

(Makes about 4 drinks)

• Canned Lychee drink – 1.5 cups
    • Tangerine juice - 1/2 cup
    • Lime juice – 2 tbsp
    • Sliver Tequila – 3/4 cup
    • Mint leaves – ~12
    • Sugar  – 1 tbsp
    • Crushed Ice

Place the torn mint leaves and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Crush with a muddler, or the back of a wooden spoon to release the mint flavor.

Add the rest of the ingredients and shake well to combine. Strain into martini glasses.

Garnish with mint leaves or lychees.

An incredibly refreshing drink for a hot summer night.

This is my last Lychee entry for A Fruit A Month – Lychee event that I’m hosting this month.

Round up will be published by Thursday - August 30th

Today is the deadline, but in case you just got lazy, I will accept entries till Tuesday the 28th.

I’m also taking this to Meeta’s Monthly Mingle – Liquid Dreams, a theme close to my heart, how can I resist!

Category: Cocktails, Lychee

Happy New Year 2012 with a Bubbly!

Happy New Year 2012 with a Bubbly!

December 31st, 2011

Here's wishing all of you a wonderful 2012! It was a great 2011 and I think 2012 is going to be [...]

Passion Fruit Mintini and 4th of July Cocktail Ideas

Passion Fruit Mintini and 4th of July Cocktail Ideas

July 2nd, 2009

Wishing all my US readers a Happy 4th of July weekend! If you are planning a party this weekend or j[...]

Mango Margarita and Extended Deadline for MBP

Mango Margarita and Extended Deadline for MBP

March 23rd, 2008

I am going to be on a break from tomorrow, will be back online end of this week. Since I won't be ab[...]

Gitatini – A Ginger Tamarind Cocktail

Gitatini - A Ginger Tamarind Cocktail

November 22nd, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I forgot the last time we were in town for Thanksgiving and Black Frida[...]

Peach Margarita

Peach Margarita

October 20th, 2007

It's been a busy week. Siv was in Dallas the whole week, and got back Thursday evening. Seattle had [...]

Comments

32 Responses to “LycheeTangita – A Lychee Tangerine Cocktail”

1. Bharathy
      August 26th, 2007 @ 7:02 am

First to comment!!
      Love the Lychee Cocktail,Sig..Wish I could grab and gulp the whole drink down!!:)..

Btw Sig,I am still hunting for lychees here in the small town I reside!!Couldn’t get the canned ones either!!(sigh!).
      …Will you accept my solid excuse??;)

2. Richa
      August 26th, 2007 @ 12:31 pm

Lychee Tangita looks YUM! For patent purposes Sig’s Lychee Tangita would be the way to go ;)
      You do like ur mint, don’t you :)
      Enjoy….

August 26th, 2007 @ 1:05 pm

You are a genius coming up with these cocktails. Now, if only I did not live so far away, I’d be able to have them :D

4. Arundati Rao
      August 26th, 2007 @ 1:12 pm

Sig, looks fab(and am damn sure tastes too. have one for me two (;)) for me girl!!

August 26th, 2007 @ 1:33 pm

Cool cocktails for Meeta, beautiful:))
      Happy Onam to you and your’s! Hugs.

6. Shantanu
      August 26th, 2007 @ 3:03 pm

If this one’s your original creation, it ought to have your name somewhere!

7. Sharmi
      August 26th, 2007 @ 3:46 pm

that is so picture perfect. I am a great fan of your cocktails. learning a lot too.

August 26th, 2007 @ 4:00 pm

Cool cocktail there, Sig :) . i LOVE that name and tehre’s a solid reason (think what does Tangita rhyme with) he he :) .

Oh and i just couldn’t find any lychees :( fresh or canned :( . and if i would have found them, they would have landed up in my tummy in 10 seconds flat! then i would have to post either a picture of me smiling or an empty bowl ;) . jokes apart, no lychees in sight!!

and Happy Onam, dear :) .

9. Mishmash !
      August 26th, 2007 @ 4:14 pm

I may not find a better name for ur cocktail but can I call you, My Cocktail Lady ?:D

Onasamsakal :)

Shn

10. Priyanka
      August 26th, 2007 @ 4:19 pm

The lychee tangita looks very refreshing Sig…. Sorry couldnt contribute to the event… i did give it a try but didnt think it was good enough for the AFAM and then i didnt have any more lychees to try out anything else:(

11. bee
      August 26th, 2007 @ 5:39 pm

happy onam to you, sig. sorry, couldn’t get hold of any lychees.

August 26th, 2007 @ 7:05 pm

Sig, LycheeTangita if I were to go by the looks this is one awesome looking drink. I have myself a bottle of Lychee juice, lets see if I can come up with something before the deadline.

13. Anonymous
      August 26th, 2007 @ 8:21 pm

Happy Onam to you and your family Sig!

Mamatha

August 26th, 2007 @ 10:26 pm

Great drink…and happy Onam to you and your family.

15. Poonam
      August 26th, 2007 @ 11:17 pm

Hi Sig, this drink looks so superb! I can see all the tequila working there.

August 27th, 2007 @ 4:27 am

Happy Onam, Sig! The lychee season’s over here, so can’t participate :(

August 27th, 2007 @ 5:22 am

Bharathy, Sure, come over anytime and I can mix you one :) … and yeah, yeah excuses excuses… :D

Richa. lol.. thats a good name… and yeah, I love mint… how do you figure ;)

Cyn, :) just make a trip over here whenever you want :)

Arundati, :) thanks… sure… thats easy :)

Asha, thank u :)

Shantanu, thanks :)

Sharmi, :) thanks… I’m not at all an expert, it just works sometime ;)

Musie, lol I was going for the prono tan-ji-ta, but okay, it is going to be tangita just for you… :D … and regarding lychees.. just as I told bharathy, excuses, excuses :)

Shn…, :) cocktail lady sounds like a cocktail waitress :D … Onasamsakal to you too!

Priyanka, just checked out your salad, and it looks fab, I’ll include it in afam.

Bee, thanks, and same to you… and you too with the lame excuse ;)

Indo, it is hard to keep lychee juice around in my house, it disappears before I can pour it into anything :) hope it lasts till you figure something out :)

Mamatha, thanks for the wishes dear…

Sunita, thank you :)

poonam, :) tequila started working after the drink ;)

Sra, :) thanks, and join the other three ladies in the lame excuse camp ;)

18. Jyothsna
      August 27th, 2007 @ 5:45 am

Tch, tch! A cocktail on Onam??? Where’s the sadya, Sig? ;) Onaashamsakal to you! :)

19. Mallugirl
      August 27th, 2007 @ 11:55 am

Happy ONam, SIg!

20. Bharathy
      August 27th, 2007 @ 1:39 pm

How did I ever forget to WISH YOU…HAPPY ONAM???

Wishing Sig and Siv “Onasamsakal”..

21. Coffee
      August 27th, 2007 @ 1:44 pm

That pic is to die for Sig!!

My lychee tin is just like that in the panty! I guess I will be posting way after the event is over!! :(

22. Coffee
      August 27th, 2007 @ 1:45 pm

err… ummm…. ahhh I mean pantRy!

23. Padma
      August 27th, 2007 @ 3:48 pm

I always look forward for your coktails, they are so unique and lovely…those are simply superb..
      I am very sorry da I missed AFAM! Happy Onam!

August 27th, 2007 @ 7:07 pm

Lychee Tangita is a gorgeous name yaar! Perfectly refreshing for a hot summers evening. I love the sound of this!

August 28th, 2007 @ 5:01 am

love the pic! looking forward to the round up :)

August 28th, 2007 @ 6:34 am

Jyo. ok, in the spirit of onam, I just posted a payasam. happy? :)

Shaheen, thanks :)

Bharathy. :) thanks again sweetie..

Coffee…, lol, you left me with some weird mental pictures with that first statement, thanks for correcting the typo :D

Padma, thanks girl.. :) don’t worry about AFAM, at least u gave me an early warning :D

Meeta, I can’t wait to see the liquid dreams round up, there will be soo many to try!

Nags, thanks :) . round up coming pretty soon!

27. Vcuisine
      August 29th, 2007 @ 5:34 am

This drink is refreshing Sig. Lovely presentation. Viji

28. Shella
      September 2nd, 2007 @ 10:23 am

Hey Sig, I know I am too late for my entry, but nonetheless, for the love of litchis that I have, I am linking to my recipe on my blog, inspired by your event.

29. Rachna
      September 4th, 2007 @ 9:08 am

sorry sig cudnt participate… dont want to sound cliched byt saying there are no lychees here in africa in the winter.. and sound lame… the cocktail is yummy… can vodka replace tequila??

30. Naina
      March 26th, 2008 @ 8:43 am

Hi Sig,
      This looks yummy!
      I’ll make this cocktail for the monthly blog patrol for mixed drinks. I’ll post it up by the 28th.

31. LV Outlet Phoenix