• A Fruit A Month – Lychee Round up

Posted on | August 30, 2007 | 35 Comments |

When I announced the Lychee theme for A Fruit A Month event, not everyone was happy! Some of you actually hate these fruits (SHOCK!!!) and some of you (spoiled lot ;) ) only like the fresh Lychees! I had a choice – pick a more popular fruit and make it easy for everyone. But what’s the fun in that? I like a tough challenge, if at least one person decided to try Lychees because of this event, and if at least one person will get inspired by this round up, that is a big win, don’t you think? Look at these beauties, how can you not love them?

So, let’s see what the fellow foodies have cooked up. A beautiful array of dishes ranging from cocktails to chilly sauce, there sure is a lot of variety this month.

Cocktails, Coolers etc

Litchy Lemon Cooler: Nags – For the Cook In Me

Lychee Shanty Cooler: Asha – Aroma!

Flaming Lychee Daiquiri: Sheela – Delectable Victuals

Lychee Grape Drink: Aarts – Aarti’s Corner

Lychee Tangita: Live To Eat

Lychee Martini: Mansi Desai – Fun and Food

Savoury Treats

Thai Lychee Salad: Priyanka – Lajawaab

Chicken with Lychees: Mona – Zaiqa..

Chicken Breast in Lychee Chilli Sauce: Sheela – Delectable Victuals

Creamy Desserts

Lychee Kakigori: SeaMaiden – Book of Yum

Litchi Sauce: Raaga – The Singing Chef

Lychee Panna cotta: Cinnamon – Cinnamon Trail

Lychee Tapioca Pudding: Chandrika – AkshayaPatra

Thai Lychee Banana Dessert: Aarts – Aarti’s Corner

Lychee I Scream: Rajitha – Hunger Pangs

Lychee Strawberry Frozen Yogurt: Sheela – Delectable Victuals

Lycheey Heaven On Meringue Shells: Sukanya – HOT N’ SWEET BOWL

Lychee – Mango Two Layer Pudding: Live To Eat

Baked Goods

Lychee Coconut Lemon Cupcakes: Minko – Couture Cupcakes

Lychee Bread Pudding: Asha – Aroma!

Tropical Lychee Cupcake: Raaga – The Singing Chef

Taste of India

Lychee Payasam: Hima – SnackORama

Lychee Shrikhand: Arundati – Escapades

Whole Lychee Sweet Eats

Fragrant Lychees with Wild and Brown Sticky Rice: Archana – Archana’s Culinary Adventures

Cider Jelly with Lychees : LEMONPI

Caramelized Lychees: Live To Eat

Last, but not the least, here is the lychee pyramid that Sheela so painstakingly built.
    Just for you, Sheela.. ;)

That concludes the AFAM - Lychee round up. Aren’t these some inspiring entrees? Thanks to all who participated, and thanks to Maheswari of Beyond the Usual for this opportunity.

Check out September’s AFAM announcement at Swad! Enjoy the long weekend, see you all next week!

Category: Blog Events, Lychee

Monthly Mingle – Grill It! Event Round-up

Monthly Mingle - Grill It! Event Round-up

August 17th, 2008

I am proud to present a colorful array of grilled goodies cooked up by food bloggers from all around[...]

Monthly Mingle Announcement – Grill It!

Monthly Mingle Announcement - Grill It!

July 19th, 2008

It is that time of the year! Well, at least in this hemisphere that is! Before we know it, summer w[...]

JFI Tamarind Round-up

JFI Tamarind Round-up

July 7th, 2008

The talent and enthusiasm of my fellow food bloggers never cease to amaze me! I asked you all to c[...]

Announcing JFI July- Jihva for Tamarind

Announcing JFI July- Jihva for Tamarind

June 2nd, 2008

Jihva for Ingredients aka JFI as it is known among the food bloggers is one of the most popular food[...]

MBP – Mixed Drinks Round up

MBP - Mixed Drinks Round up

March 31st, 2008

My heartfelt thanks to all those who went patrolling the other blogs for drink recipes this month. W[...]

Comments

35 Responses to “A Fruit A Month – Lychee Round up”

1. Sia
      August 30th, 2007 @ 8:16 am

bravo…~clap, clap~ cool round up sig darling. i wanted to send u some lychee recipe but too many things came in between. i am bookmarking this whole page:)

2. Sea
      August 30th, 2007 @ 8:33 am

Yay! The roundup that I’ve been waiting for- how exciting to see everyone’s entries. It was such a fun theme. I’m really glad you selected the lychee!

-sea

3. Srivalli
      August 30th, 2007 @ 9:10 am

cool round up…Sig. Wonderful job…can’t imagine so many dishes are possible from this fruit.

August 30th, 2007 @ 9:23 am

amazing!! And u r such a darling. I was pleasantly surprised to see my simple drink first in the list :) and i thot mine wud be the stupidest! thank you so much Sig! Loved participating (though my roomie was not very thrilled with the litchy hunt from supermarket to supermarket :D )

5. Latha Narasimhan
      August 30th, 2007 @ 9:47 am

My God so many recipes ! I liked all those drinks the best! Nice round up!

August 30th, 2007 @ 10:42 am

Sig, Lychee fest indeed, I am more than surprised about the array of foods made possible with Lychee and my bottle sure like you said was gone before I could whip something up :)

7. Nupur
      August 30th, 2007 @ 10:56 am

What a luscious-looking round-up! I confess that I am one of those folks who loves fresh litchees exactly as they are, but these recipes look too tempting…

8. Arts
      August 30th, 2007 @ 11:30 am

Great roundup Sig!!
      Didnt know lychee can be used in all sorts of courses n meals!

Thanks for hosting!

9. Richa
      August 30th, 2007 @ 11:48 am

Beautiful round up, sig! who knew so much is possible out of lychee.

guilty as charged!!!!!!
      No excuses, but to make up, will write an ode to the lychee soon……:)

The flaming lychee looks HOT

10. Mona
      August 30th, 2007 @ 12:08 pm

Gr8 roundup Sig :-) Its raining Lychees at ur place !! :-D

11. RP
      August 30th, 2007 @ 12:56 pm

I couldn’t participate. But I am inspired!! I didn’t know we could add them in curries! In fact I didn’t know any recipes using lychees other than eating them fresh…

12. bee
      August 30th, 2007 @ 1:08 pm

these are some of the most beautiful entries i have seen in a roundup. kudos to you for picking something unusual.

13. Jyothsna
      August 30th, 2007 @ 1:20 pm

Clap, clap, clap…..!!!

14. Anita
      August 30th, 2007 @ 2:52 pm

I have to say that this would have to be one of the most deliciously tempting roundups – drinks and desserts galore!

I would have loved to participate but the lychee season was over and sugar-syruped lychees are no fun.

15. Rajitha
      August 30th, 2007 @ 3:13 pm

great.. thanks for hosing this… now i know what to do with all those lychees in my fridge!!

16. Sukanya Ramkumar
      August 30th, 2007 @ 3:28 pm

Excellent round up…..

17. Sandeepa
      August 30th, 2007 @ 3:35 pm

You even had a roundup and i was thinking if it was possible to make something with them !!! One of my favorite fruits, considering I am not a big fruit lover.

18. Suganya
      August 30th, 2007 @ 3:41 pm

No two entries alike. Love each and every entry. Great job, Sig!

August 30th, 2007 @ 6:35 pm

Amazing! Like Nupur, i enjoye lychees as such, but this roundup has me in two minds now!! And this roundup also stands out for excellent food photography! Yummiest, prettiest lycheelicious stuff here!

Great work of art, Sig. Kudos for the fantastic roundup!

20. Sheela
      August 30th, 2007 @ 8:20 pm

wonderful round-up, Sig! and thanks for the pyramid :-)

now i have make the rounds and grab the recipes to add to my collection..

21. Vishal
      August 30th, 2007 @ 11:45 pm

Great blog :) … Cheers .. i love the pictures …. u just go sluurpp

22. Cinnamon
      August 31st, 2007 @ 10:11 am

A very lovely and delicious round-up… Was excited to see everyone’s entries!!!!
      Thanks for hosting!

23. Chandrika
      August 31st, 2007 @ 12:34 pm

Lovely lovely roundup Sig! It’s so nice of you to dress up all the photographs. They look even more attractive. Thank you.

24. Lissie
      August 31st, 2007 @ 12:55 pm

I love Lychees. wonderful collection of recipes! great job!!

August 31st, 2007 @ 3:19 pm

That’s such a wonderful round up…now don’t hate me…sorry(such a lovely word??!!)couldn’t send anything your way this time…it’s been a really hectic month for me…what!!!( don’t give me the look)it really has been!

26. fruitspecies
      August 31st, 2007 @ 3:43 pm

Wow! so much lychee recipes. I simply love them. Very nice fruity blog. Cheers from Fruity

August 31st, 2007 @ 5:47 pm

Okay, you’ve all convinced me to give lychee another chance.

28. Mallugirl
      August 31st, 2007 @ 8:51 pm

wow! i got a bunch of lychees bu tnever got around to blogging it.the desserts look awesome. nice round up sig.

29. Padma
      September 1st, 2007 @ 2:47 am

Wow..I was eagerly waiting for this round up. I was not able to participate in this event so was waiting to see the show, Great job, Sig…great job!

30. Amy
      September 1st, 2007 @ 6:30 pm

Wow great round up! All these recipes look amazing! *bookmarks*

September 3rd, 2007 @ 8:11 pm

Wow. You’re really in to lychees! I discovered them for the first time at Trader Joe’s when I found them dried. Their sweet and tart and full of fiber.

32. Rachna
      September 4th, 2007 @ 9:38 am

aww superb roundup sig… felt so nice when u said… “if at least one person will get inspired by this round up, that is a big win” u sure are going to inspire a lot of ppl with this great roundup…

September 6th, 2007 @ 5:51 am

Gawd, I just realized I never responded to all the lovely comments… Its been a busy week… Thanks everyone… I hope all of u Lychee virgins out there try out a recipe from here… :)

34. Sharmi
      September 9th, 2007 @ 7:45 pm

hey, Ya I am in the spoiled one list:) likes only fresh ones but didnt find them. sorry I couldn’t participate. but its really so nice to see so many recipes out of lychee. loved the cocktail part.

35. veda
      June 3rd, 2008 @ 12:38 am

Fantastic roundup Sig!!!!I am slowly discovering ur blog….its beautiful!!!!