Posted on | February 28, 2007 | 11 Comments |
Deadline: March 25th
Hey fellow foodies, this is my very first attempt at a food blogging event!
WBB - Weekend Breakfast Blogging – was started by the beautiful and ever so helpful Nandita from Saffron Trail to popularize breakfast among food bloggers. This month it is my turn to host this wonderful event, and the first thing that came to my mind while I thought about the theme is – Eggs!
For this WBB, I’m challenging all the bloggers to come up with a new twist on eggs. Just add your own special touch to make a special breakfast/brunch dish with eggs.
The main criteria for this event are
- The dish should have eggs as a main ingredient. You can use any type of egg – chicken, duck, goose, quail, ostrich… Heck, you can even use caviar or roe!
- It should be a breakfast/brunch dish
But other than that, let your creative juices flow! Take a recipe and make it your own by adding that special ingredient! Or come up with a completely new recipe! Sky is the limit! Presentation is the key, make it look good! I’ve seen the eggcellent work all you foodies have created out there, so this should be so simple a task for all of you!
As an added bonus, if you make a dish that reminds you of something, may be a favorite vacation spot (Spanish omelette to remind you of that special trip to Madrid) or a special day (the first time your sweetie made you breakfast in bed) , do include that story, we would love to hear that!
- Post your WBB Eggstra-Ordinary Breakfast entry before March 25th. Add a link to this post.
- If you use Technorati tags, tag this entry as WBB9, not a requirement.
- Send me an e-mail at MailLiveToEat@gmail.com with your name, a link to your post and a 150×150 pixel thumbnail of your dish. Make sure your subject line starts with WBB-
- I will publish the round up on March 31st, just in time for a special breakfast on Sunday, April 1st.
I’m so eggcited to host a blog event! Let me know what you think of the theme. Any suggestions for improvement are welcome. Spread the word!
If you are newbie to this event, check out the previous WBB line-ups here http://saffrontrail.blogspot.com/search/label/WBB.
If you are new to food blog events in general, get some more background here. http://www.ismyblogburning.com/beginners-guide/
I’ve started blogging just two months ago, and I’m hooked! I’ve been lurking on all the great foodie blogs out there, and I’m so proud of all you foodies, you all have done such a wonderful job! Keep up the good work!